• It transports fatty acids from adipose tissues to cellular mitochondria, where they are converted into energy.
• It improves sports performance.
• It is a powerful anti-catabolic. It decreases the destruction of muscle mass that is sometimes caused by incorrect weight loss diets.
• It reduces muscle damage and improves recovery after some bodybuilding exercises.
• It improves brain function.
• It increases androgen receptors which lead to better recovery and an increase of muscle mass.
• It accelerates the aerobic metabolism of carbohydrates.
When you buy your carnitine, you must know that there are two different types; L-Carnitine (active body carnitine) and D-Carnitine (the other form of carnitine). We will even find products that contain a mixture of L-Carnitine and D-Carnitine. The one we are interested in is L-Carnitine.